Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A New Normal....


Hello Everyone, 

I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted anything. We have had many changes in our lives over the last several months. We went from both being happily employed to my husband being laid off in the middle of Jan, to my husband going to an interview that did not exist and being hired for a position that didn't exist. What  a God thing! It couldn't of been any clearer that that was where he was supposed to be unless God wrote it in Neon on our ceiling. Then we received an inheritance that allowed me to cut back to one part time job. Now God has opened the door and allowed us to purchase a new home, with a huge garage for Cliff and Colton to tinker in on a beautiful piece of land. God has blessed up beyond our wildest dreams. 

Years ago I watched an interview where Oprah was interviewing someone that had lost a loved one. They talked about having to find a new normal. Even though it's a wonderful blessing not a tragedy in our case, we are still adjusting to our own new normal. Cliff is in a new non management position that has zero stress compared to his previous job. I'm working 3 short days a week compared to 5 very long days a week. Suddenly things are possible that were simply not possible a few months ago. 

We are trying to make sure we stay on track, that we don't forget who brought us to the dance so to speak. I don't know about you but it is always easier for me to depend on God when things are challenging. Then I know I need to depend on Him not on me. When things are going well, I have a tendency to think hey I can handle it. It doesn't seem to matter than it's been proven time after time that simply is not true. Part of our new normal is learning how to depend on God in this season of plenty. I keep thinking about how much I love to hear about my son's really great day. It's so much nicer to hear about things that are going well for him rather than being needed to help him with something he's struggling with. I bet it's the same with God, we're His children and I think He enjoys hearing about our awesome fantastic days just as much as we we enjoy hearing about our children's. Don't you feel better when your kids give you a hug and tell you they love you "just because" rather than when they give you a hug and ask if they can borrow the car?

We have always believed in giving back to God out of what He's given us. It has been so great to be able to spread some of the blessings He's given us to others doing His work. We have been so blessed with a wonderful small group at Church. It seems like we all just get closer and closer. We can't wait to open our new home up to them, but it's a 1980's house with renters in it for the next few months. It's twice a big as our current tiny house so there is furniture to be bought, many repairs to be made and much to do before we can say "come on over" but we are really really looking forward to when we can. So.. if you don't hear from me as much as usual for the next little while know I'm running around like a chicken without it's head but I will return eventually.

I hope you all have a blessed week,
Rene


1 comment:

  1. Great reminder, friend! I know there are many more experts to help you with furniture shopping and home decorating, but give me a shout if you need someone. God is keeping your lions at bay, just like I'm reading in the book of Daniel. Praise Him!!

    ReplyDelete