Sunday, March 17, 2013

WOW - I could of...

Do you remember the old V-8 Commercials, where at some point the principle actors or actresses, slap their-selves on the forehead and say "WOW - I could of had a V-8. I have never liked V-8 but there have been many times when I've had that kind of "Aha Moment", you know the kind, where the answer is so obvious but it pretty much takes a knock upside the head for you to get it.

I've been struggling through a life issue that had really been dragging me down. I could see where God was working it out but His timing is certainly not my timing and He just wasn't mvoing things forward as fast as I thought He needed to. I wasn't sleeping well, I would wake up with knots in my stomach and several times a day would find myself thinking I just can't keep doing this, I just can't do this anymore, I just can't etc etc etc. Then came the V-8 moment, and although I didn't literally slap myself on the forehead I certainly deserved a slap. After all the miracles God has done in our lives, after all the times He's provided for us when there looked like no way our money would ever stretch far enough, after all the guidance He's given, idiot me, I'm still sitting there saying I can't, I can't, I can't. Well guess what I don't have to, I just have to get out of the way and let God. He didn't have Paul write  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me in Philippians 4:12-14 just for fun and grins, no He wrote it so we would know we could turn to Him and He would give us the strength and guidance we need to deal with anything going on in our lives. So simple and something I know so well in so many areas and yet in this particular area, there I was trying to handle it all on my own and failing miserably, and incidentally making both myself and my family miserable in the process.  

I'd love to tell you that all the issues have resolved themselves and everything in our lives is just hunky dory at the moment and everything is all tidied up and perfect but it's not. There are still struggles and the same issue that was giving me so much trouble is still there and was in fact an even bigger this problem this week than last but how I handled things was very different. I prayed first before I tried to deal with it and asked for God's guidance and His control and as I got into things and started feeling myself getting overwhelmed I stopped and asked God for help. Amazing the peace in the middle of chaos when we take the time to plug in God's awesome power source. I went to bed and slept every night and did not wake up with my stomach in knots even once. My circumstances had not changed only my perspective, instead of me trying to handle everything on my own, I asked God to handle it and He is more than big enough and more than powerful enough and loves me enough to handle anything that comes my way. What an awesome God He is. 

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week. Remember to let go and let God before you try to handle things on your own, I promise He is much better equipped to handle whatever is going on much more effectively than we could ever hope to, He's just waiting on an invitation. 

Rene

1 comment:

  1. One of my biggest struggles in life is trying to do everything in MY power and in MY strength. Unfortunately, this appears to work for me now and then which only encourages me to keep on keeping on. Luckily, God loves me enough to give me a spiritual V-8 slap upside the head every now and then and gently lead me back into the truth. The scripture says: I can do all things THROUGH CHIRST which strengthens me --it doesn't say "in my own strength" . I'm so glad our God is a patient God. Thanks for sharing glimpses into your life, Rene!

    ReplyDelete