Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blessings....

There are so many blessings in my life it would take days to list them all but here are a few that cross my mind and bless my heart this morning. 

Did you know it is National Teacher's Appreciation Day today? I took a moment this morning to email a few of the really special teachers that helped my son successfully graduate from High School. 

My Hope Group (Sunday School Class) is so phenomenal. What a fantastic group of people to have in my life. They know me and love me anyway. They are such a wonderful wonderful support group. I know I can count on them for a hug, a smile, and to pray for me whenever I share a need with them. That is such a huge comfort to know that in all of life's challenges all I have to do is ask and they are right there petitioning the Holy Father along with me on my behalf. 

The weekend before last about 10 of the ladies from our class went camping on Lake Georgetown. What a wonderful wonderful time with my Sister Friends. We laughed, we cried, we got things stuck in trees, we shared our hearts, we played silly games, and we enjoyed the fantastic weather and phenomenal view of the lake God gave us for the weekend. It was a great great time. 

This week I get to play Bunco with a group of ladies near and dear to my heart. Over the last 20+ years they have lifted me up and helped me laugh when I felt like crying, rejuvenated me when I was exhausted and in a nutshell helped me hang on to the remaining shreds of my sanity when it looked like it was headed down the street along with my last marble. 

My husband is one of life's greatest blessings. I am so very glad God gave him to me 26 some odd years ago. As our son is gone more and more living his own life we are rediscovering the joy of going for a drive, and just relaxing together without 50 bazillion things vying for our attention. I'm thinking being 50 something is a pretty wonderful place to be in life. 

A wonderful inheritance from my mother-in-law has made it possible for Cliff and I to take lower paying jobs we really enjoy and still be able to pay the bills. Thank you God for making this possible, what a huge huge blessing. 

My parents are still in good health, they are wonderful examples to us and we love them so very much. My sister is such an inspiration to me. I am so very blessed in my family. Our son like any self respecting 20 year old keeps his Dad and I prayed up. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him down the road of life. 

All and all I have to tell you I am just so very happy to be me. God has been so good to bless me with wonderful friends and family, I wouldn't want to be any other place with any other people but where I'm at and who I'm with right where I am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment