Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Goals Update

Well I'd love to tell you the brown pants from the previous post are all loose and comfy but we're not quite there yet but I can tell you they are more comfortable than they were when I wore them a week or so ago. The big news of this update is when I look down now, I don't see my belly sticking out any more. I am not what you would call flat chested so when the belly sticks out further than the endowments it bothers me a lot. Looking down to see the belly sticking out too far has always been a major indicator for me to know I've let my weight slide too long and way too far. Needless to say when I looked down this week and did not see belly it was a very happy day  This is especially true given all the stress in our lives the last few weeks, with Cliff's lay off. In the past I would of quickly gone more than a bit off the wagon and reached for massive quantities of chocolate and pasta. Not following that old patter is indicative of one of my other goals - to gain weight spiritually being met. It is only through the grace of God and His strength that I didn't go on a binge. I want to think all of you who have been praying for us, we feel your prayers, God hears your prayers and they have made a positive difference. 

I have been walking between a mile and a half to two miles at least 3 times a week. God was good and showed my Mother a perfect place for us to walk. I've been meeting her and spending 30 to 45 min before work walking and visiting. We are both enjoying this immensely. I should also point out here that you find accountability in the strangest places. One of the workers in the Home Center Store we're walking in saw us out at breakfast, and shook his head at us. He said you just did all that walking and now you're eating. Last night I found myself (get ready for a shock) craving salad. Cliff and I both had a huge salad for dinner with romaine lettuce, broccoli slaw, cheery tomatoes, fat free croutons, cracked peppercorn smoked turkey breast. and mozzarella cheese with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment