Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hello...is anybody there?

Do you ever have times when there feels like there is a jamming device between you and God? That's where I've been this last week, it just doesn't feel like my prayers are making it to God's ears. I'm so glad I've walked with God long enough to know just because that's how it "feels" that doesn't mean that's how it "is". I keep going to back to the Bible and finding scripture that reminds me God is with me. Psalms 46: 7 & 11 both say "The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." Twice in one chapter, God says The Lord Almighty is with us. He doesn't say He's with us occasionally, or He's with us when we're obeying Him, or when He feels like it. It says The Lord Almighty is with us. So for me it becomes a choice; I can believe what it feels like or believe what God says. I am reminded of a devotional I heard several years ago, right after I got laid off the first time. The man was telling us that we needed to keep doing what we knew we supposed to do but that to worry about all the things we could not control was a waste of time and a lack of faith. I choose to believe that God is with me and not only with me but that He delights in the details of my life just like it says in Psalms 37:23-24. We are just going to keep doing what God tells us to do, keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on believing and trusting that God is in control and God has a plan just like He promises in Jer 29:11, a plan to prosper us and not harm us.  



No comments:

Post a Comment