Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Long Week....


It's been a long long week for many reasons. First trying to get ready for closing out the accounting year at both of my jobs, dealing with quarterly taxes which are never my favorite thing. It's all added up to some very long hours at the offices. Saturday I had to make an unexpected trip out of town. Sunday I had to deal with a flat tire, and a flat spare tire. Then Monday my husband unexpectedly got laid off from his job of 10 years and I put in another 12 hour day at work. I'm just tired, and the storms seem to be looming large on our horizons. Also being a major stress eater, I've been hungry 24/7 and making the best choices has not been easy. 

But you know what? At least I have a job / jobs to go to. I called a friend and she dropped everything to take that little road trip with me on Saturday. Cliff and Colton were out of town when I had the flat Sunday but several of the wonderful men in my Sunday School Class helped me get it taken care of. I have a nice warm house to come home to at the end of the day and a super comfy bed to crash in. I have a wonderful family, wonderful friends in my MTC Group, at Church and reading this blog that are praying for us and lifting us up. We haven't panicked and I haven't hijacked any chocolate or pizza delivery trucks. Yeah, Cliff got laid off and I have no idea how God is going to work that out but I know He will. He has never failed us before, and He won't fail us now.  It is such a relief to know we don't have to figure it out. It's not our problem, it's God's and He is more than big enough and strong enough, and awesome enough to take care of it. We just have to put our faith and trust in Him, follow where He leads and keep on putting one foot in front of the other. 

Ephesians 1:18-20 (NIV)
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for continually uplifting words for your journey. It's just a matter of time until God leads Cliff to a new job! Hugs, Danna

    ReplyDelete