Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rib-bit, Sniff Sniff



My husband and I have had such a nice day today. Our son is working and it's just been us. I cooked us breakfast and lunch and we've been working on projects around the house. It's been very relaxing. 

I've seen a couple of Facebook postings in the last few days that really inspired me. A friend of mine just got a teaching position teaching Special Ed at the Elementary School level. She is a sweet sweet woman and the kids are so fortunate to have her. She says her class mascot will be a frog. A frog you say, why a frog. It's to remind her to Fully Rely On God. I'll  never look at a frog the same way again. Rib-bit has a whole new meaning to me. 

I saw the picture below, and it spoke to me as well.
Photo
I mean isn't this the truth, we can be so focused on the negatives in life that we never take time to appreciate and smell the roses. No doubt Cliff being laid off is a definite thorn, but look at all the roses on the bush. We have wonderful friends that are praying for us and lifting us up. God's still in control and has a wonderful plan in place for us that He'll make clear at the right time.  Cliff's had time to work on his truck and it's finally up and running for the first time in months. He's had time to process the deer he got last week, which means I didn't have to do it in the midst of all my week's craziness and we have meat in the freezer. He's a heavy machinery mechanic and jobs for that are a lot easier to come by than those in many other fields. He has 10 years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor. His management experience should make him more marketable and even though they did lay him off, at least they did it with a small severance package. 

So I think I'll adopt a frog as my personal mascot to remind me to Fully Rely On God, and I'll take the time to appreciate the roses in my life. 

Take care and God Bless.....

No comments:

Post a Comment